Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Great Day

Wesley Orbison, Roy Orbison's 's son, brought his band by the studio today. In four hours they had 4 songs tracked. They sounded great and everyone said they had a great time.
Last year we did a CD on Delbert McClinton's son, Monty. (Notice a pattern here?)
I started back to working on the building when I got a call that really made for a super day.
Maurice Davis called from New York to tell me they expect to do two projects at RoughWood.
That could mean a six week lockout, or longer!
Now the reality is starting to set in that this could be some of the most crucial work I've done yet. Major market release and all. I hope I'm up to it.
Oh, and the stairs turned out perfect. I should forget how I did them pretty soon.

An update on Wesley's project:

I always tell clients to live with the music for a few weeks. Listen to it often and pick it apart.
Their drummer has a great ear, and he came in to 'tweak' the mix. Actually we made some major changes. It really sounds great now!

No comments: