Sunday, February 10, 2008

Not "The Call", but it'll do.

The day starts off bad. Girl wants to sing with a track... so far so good. But she doesn't like the track she has and wants to take the vocals off the original. "Oh, but we don't have the CD. Can we use this mp3 I downloaded?"
As if mp3 doesn't have all kinds of weird artifacts - try listening after it's had it's vocal channels cut out. (I think I heard a message from space in there.) The splashy sound from the track is affecting the vocal.
But at least she has a track for the person putting her video together, and they promise to bring the real CD back later. These are the days I wonder if it would be better to have a 9 to 5.
Back to the add-on and I'm laying tile in the soon-to-be completed downstairs bathroom when Brady Bowen calls. I almost didn't get to the phone in time.
He was checking availability for a CD project to follow up one we did in 2006!
Tommy Alsup (Google him) will be producing another western swing CD for Brady here at RoughWood Studio!
He set up the dates and will be bringing the "Original Texas Playboys" back again.
Tommy is walking history and sought after by modern artists in all genres. It's gonna' be great to work with these guys again!
Wow.

No comments: